Monday, June 02, 2008

Extended Vaction

Tuesday - 29 April

Mom and I were tired from our adventures getting my visa so we decided to stay home. Our day was going great. I was relaxed. Mom and I were hanging out, watching movies and working on my quilt. It was quite fun. And then Mom checked her googlechat.

Dad was on and told her the most wonderful news! (This is said kind of sarcastically...) Dad told Mom that my Hong Kong work visa hadn't been applied for and it would take 4-6 weeks to get. The next hour or so of my life consisted of getting the extra paper work scanned so Dad could get it to HR before he left on his business trip. So HR could then submit my visa application.

See, originally I was supposed to start my internship on 5 May. My work visa should have been applied for and submitted before then so that I could start work on 5 May. Since someone in HR dropped the ball I was suddenly freed from any obligations...for the next month.

At first I was frustrated and down. The entire day I kept saying that I was unemployed and whatnot. It was quite entertaining. It wasn't so bad though, my Mom kept telling me that - because then we just had more time to go and do other things. That sounded like an okay plan to me.

No comments: