Saturday, April 26, 2008

Plane, Church and Jet lag

Things here are so fast paced. Today we took a shuttle and a taxi to church. It was crazy. All public transportation here. way weird. I'm still not sure where everything is...I don't know if I'll ever be sure. there are so many places here; so many people! It really is insane. But so far it's been fun.

Church was good today. It was branch conference today so the stake presidency was here. It was a good meeting. There are quite a few singles in the branch. There's a fun girl here from Scotland that my mom introduced me to. Her name is Heather and she's way fun. all of the buildings are so COLD here? outside the weather hasn't been to bad- like 70s... but the buildings are pretty much below freezing. Okay,i could be exaggerating, but not by much. I have to bring a sweater with me everywhere I go.

I went to my sister's play last night. That was fun. I struggled with staying awake, jet lag was getting to me and yesterday was a day full of crazy activities. We left around nine for dentist appointments for my mom and sisters. Dad was supposed to have one too, but dad is sick- sad I know. Then we went out to eat at the California Pizza Kitchen,yummy. We came back for a little bit and I went on the computer,unpacked and hung out with my sisters. Then we left a few hours later and went to Stanley market for an eye appointment for me.

Pause for a story... So I didn't sleep the Wednesday night before I left...there was just too much to do and I had to try and get all of the things mom and dad wanted me to bring into my suitcases, it was way hard. anyway, i slept most of the flight because i was so tired and I didn't sleep the night before. I wore my glasses on the planes and that was fine, until i fell asleep with them in my hand and woke up with only half of them in my hand, the other half never to be seen again. Yes, I have not only broken my glasses in half, but I have lost one of those halves. And I'm a junior in college...debatable i know.

So I needed an eye appointment to get me some new glasses. I picked out some black ones like Danielle's - you guys said they looked good,and I didn't want a bright blue...plus, they didn't have the brown that i wanted...like the glasses I had before.

We got the eye appointment but had a few hours to waste until they could actually fit us in. It was crazy busy. So we went to the stores around and bought a few essentials, like mouse and dried mangoes, yum.

After the play I was so tired that I went straight to bed. I slept amazingly. I woke up at 5:45 as my dad was getting ready to leave for church this morning. I couldn't go back to bed so I woke up my mom and we had breakfast together and just talked. It was a lot of fun.

I love being with my family. It's been a lot of fun so far. Dad came home early from church today because he's sick and was home when i got home from the young single adult activity and we just talked for like two hours. It's amazing how wonderful and how great of listeners can be.

Today I am so thankful to be home, to be with my family, and to have such a wonderful family. I am also thankful for inspired church leaders that you don't know, but know what you need to hear. It's amazing how the tender mercies from the Lord come in small in simple ways.

5 comments:

Ryan said...

You're a nerd

Anonymous said...

Did u buy mouse to eat? Ew! It sounds like complete craziness tho. And how did u manage to break your glasses? And what does your bridesmaids dresses look like? Hong Kong sounds CRAZY! Have fun!

Cougar Doug said...

So, Kaylee. Was it mouse or mousse, the stuff you put in your hair, that you purchased? I'm highly skeptical that they sell little mice for human consumption, please help us understand.

Kaylee Larsen said...

Okay guys, It was MOUSSE for my hair. I didn't actually eat a mouse, or buy a mouse. That is gross and even if it is cultural somewhere, I will never eat a mouse.

Amanda Kristeen said...

Kaylee that was great! So descriptive... Your poor glasses finally escaped. They didn't want to be super glued or scraped anymore. ;) Hehe. You'll have to post a picture of your new glasses - I really did love Elle's on you, so I bet they look fabulous.