Sunday, April 27, 2008

My First Day in Hong Kong

Jet lag woke me up at about 6:30. I knew my family wouldn't be awake so I waited until 7a. I woke mom up and she made me pancakes - she loves me. My sisters had dentist appointments that morning so I tagged along for the adventure. Abby went to Jenni Perkins' soccer game and met us at the dentist. It was pretty funny because she couldn't find a lift that would take her to the floor she was on. It was great.

We came home for just a few hours after that and then Abby, Mom and I headed off to Stanley to get me glasses, you know, because half of mine got lost on the plane and all.... Abby got out early and went to her school to get ready for her musical that night and Mom and I went to the glasses place. They were busy so we had to wait an hour and a half. There was a youth activity that night and since Mom is in the YW presidency she had to be there so we went to the activity until my appointment. The appointment was interesting. In the states they have a big Mickey Mouse looking machine that the Doc changes the lensesin. Here they just have a set of glasses that the Doc holds different lenses up to. That was a different experience.

We went to Abby's play after that. It was funny. Abby told me that I was going to fall asleep in the middle of it because I was so jet lagged. I fought to prove her wrong. And I did! I didn't fall aslep in her play at all! I was super tired though. It was killing me. The play was good and Abby, of course, was amazing in it. It was a wee bit scandolous, so that was dissapointing.

I don't really remember the ride back home from Abby's play... or pretty much anything else from that night. I just went to bed. It was an interesting and event filled day. Full of fun and overwhelming cityness. (And yes, I just made up that word. If you would like to use it...well I have it copy righted and you'll owe me $200/use. Thanks!)

No comments: