Friday, July 18, 2008

Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra

Friday – 02 May 2008

This day was a crazy day. It was a holiday so Mom, Abby, Anne and I had plans to go to the dress rehearsal of the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra at 9:30 that morning. Afterward the plan had been to go for Dim Sum at City Hall. Instead we decided to go to Shenzhen that day so I could get fitted for Cami’s bridesmaid dress.

The dress rehearsal was amazing. I only wish I could have seen the real performance. It was beautiful. I’m not sure if I have ever heard an orchestra live, outside of musicals. It was a memorable experience. I’m grateful Mom arranged for our tickets and what not because the music was incredible. Oh, and the guest director was a man from Austrailia who is known as one of the worlds living wonders. Or something like that. Crazy huh? I didn’t know such a thing existed. How do you become something like that? I want to be a Living Wonder! Haha “Yeah, like that will happen” (That was for all of you movie trivia fans!).

1 comment:

Amanda Kristeen said...

Help me! I need a hint for that quote. I recognize it, but I can't place it.

And who gets to decide who becomes a living wonder? I mean really, who is in charge of these things? Same people who decided there were only 7 wonders in the world?

For what it's worth, YOU are wonderful. :)