Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Vacation Again

Beginning of June


After getting back from Beijing late Saturday I returned to the office early Monday for work. I was approached Tuesday morning and told that HR didn't want me to work until my work visa was activated. No one informed me, or anyone that I was supposed to have it activated when I arrived in Hong Kong and went through immigration here.


So since my work visa hadn't been activated, I still wasn't legal. I got to go back on vacation until Thursday night.


Thursday night there was a taste testing in Macau for the Partner's Conference that was coming up at the end of June. To enter and leave Macau you have to go through immigration so I would have an opportunity to get my work visa "chopped" - That's how they say stamped here.


In the meantime, I read a few books and hung out with Mom and Sister Collins again (Heather had left for Scotland by then). It was fun and relaxing as any vacation is.

No comments: