Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Shenzhen: The Art Village

12 May 2008


For my birthday my parents promised me a trip to the art village and a souvenier to bring home. So after the craziness in the "Great and Spacious Building" Abby and Anne left to be home in time for Anne's Mandarin tutor who was coming that night, and Mom and I headed over to the Art Village to pick out my birthday present.



I loved the Art Village. I thought it was great. There were so many paintings everywhere and so many artists and shops! It was great. Many of you may know my struggle with making decisions. I have a really hard time choosing. Picking out my birthday present was no exception. I think Mom and I walked through the whole village twice completely, and then other parts way more than that. There were just so many to choose from. A lot of them were pretty big too, and I didn't want anything huge because, well, I don't really like big things. Normal, moderate size is great for me.


Eventually I decided on two wonderful paintings: One of the Hong Kong Skyline and another of a Chinese fishing boat and hut. I love them. They're great.


Finally, after an extremely long day in China, Mom and I left for home.

No comments: