Friday, July 18, 2008

Shenzhen: Fast Style


Friday – 02 May 2008

Afterward the Hong Kong Philharmonic Orchestra we met up with Dad who was at his office at the church because he has some interviews to do. Dad left the apartment with us that morning and instead of going to the dress rehearsal (it was an activity with Mom’s women organization thing – no boys allowed!) he headed off to pick up my Chinese visa from the immigration place and then to his church office to work on some things for a big activity they were having that night. He stayed at the church while we headed up to Shenzhen.

This is a picture of us on our way to Shenzhen. My sisters were so funny. They read and walked nearly the whole way through the MTR till we got to the stop we needed. My Mom is pulling a trolley that had the fabric and stuff to make new clothes out of. It was pretty neat.

Everything was kind of a blur that day in Shenzhen. We had to make it back in time for my family to go to the mutual activity that night. Mom is in the YW presidency and Dad is the Branch President. So they both go to mutual as well. I had some fun adventures trying to get into Shenzhen but it all worked out and we made it to the seamstress Mom uses. I got fitted for some clothes – skirts, dresses, bridesmaid dress, etc. My sisters and my Mom picked up some clothes that had already been made so they really enjoyed the trip. I was just amazed at how she could copy one of Anne’s dresses to make a dress for Abby in the same style, but her size. It was incredible. They’re amazing seamstresses.

Dad asked me to help out at mutual so I tagged along and did what was asked of me. No big deal it was entertaining and fun. I got to do some event planning for their closing even the following Saturday, so that was fun.

1 comment:

Amanda Kristeen said...

Hehehe. I love that picture! It reminds me of myself walking/running to school while trying to get my reading done before class! ;) I hope their reading was more enjoyable. ;)